Saturday, December 09, 2006

Veggies!!!



Sorry It’s Been So Long!

We are mostly moved and ready to face the busy holiday season.
As I mentioned previously we’ve been staying with my mom who has been generously feeding us and providing us with a lovely place to sleep in cozy comfort.

Thursday night, however, was my time to pick up some pots and pans in order to make dinner. I’ve noticed that when I tell people that I eat mostly rice, beans and veggies, the possibilities for what to make seem limited. My students, in particular, seem to think that I don’t actually eat anything at all, and what I do eat must taste incredibly bland. Little do they know the truth….

I prepared a huge cast iron pan full of stir fried veggies. Once I removed the veggies to a large bowl I dressed the colorful assortment with a lime juice/fish sauce/honey marinade. Tangy and tasty!! I mixed up some cooked mahogany rice and cooked small white beans in the cast iron pan and heated through. I topped the rice and bean mixture with scallions and offered up the meal with some crushed, dry-roasted peanuts. YUM!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home