Sunday, December 17, 2006

Maine Shrimp with Soab Noodles


Soba Noodles with Tiny Maine Shrimp
Yesterday at the European Market I decided to try the already cleaned and de-shelled Maine shrimp. The native shrimp here are tiny and have a much more salty taste than the big shrimp I’m used to eating. But, hey, if it’s caught locally and it’s fresh, I’m going to try it.
Mike and I needed a quick lunch yesterday when we returned from the Market because our plan was to tackle all of the Christmas shopping we’ve been avoiding all month in one fell swoop. I boiled up some 100% buckwheat soba noodles and pan fried some carrots, garlic and kale in the big cast iron pan. The soba noodles, when cooking is complete,need to be immediately drained and rinsed with a lot of cold water. In fact these noodles are best when served cold. I had some left over white beans that were cooked with sea vegetables and mixed with miso from several days ago. It was time they made their way into some sort of meal. I decided to use the same cast iron pan from the veggies to cook up the little shrimps with some of the left over beans. We served up big plates of noodles, veggies and shrimp for lunch.
The shrimp is very salty and was a nice contrast to the hearty buckwheat noodles. The kale and the carrots were both sweet and lovely especially because I had purchased them from Fisher Farms only hours previously. It was a tasty little lunch.

1 Comments:

At Monday, 10 March, 2008, Blogger ReekyMarut said...

MMMMMMMMmmmmmm looks delish!!!
hey i dont see a little subscribey button maybe I just cont find it! Love your blog! Peace out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home